Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers Ages 18+
Opportunities to Volunteer
The Adult Volunteer Program of A Woman’s Place (AWP) is currently only accepting new Volunteer Applications at our thrift store, In Full Swing. If interested in volunteering at In Full Swing, please click HERE to apply. For all other volunteer inquiries, please revisit this page in September 2019, when all AWP Programs will be accepting new Volunteer Applications.
In the meantime, please take a look at the various volunteer opportunities that are available to all Adult Volunteers once they have completed the required background checks and trainings:
- Join our First Response team and offer immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, and options counseling to clients in the community
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Offer individual counseling on our 24-hour Hotline or for residents in our Shelter, and co-facilitate community Support Groups
- Provide court accompaniment and support clients as they explore their legal options as part of AWP’s Legal Advocacy program
- Serve as a mentor in the RISE program and support our clients through financial literacy, career development, and professional empowerment
- Support our Development team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide Administrative Support at our main office our our Outreach and Counseling Office in Bristol Borough
- Support Education and Outreach and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education