Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers Ages 18+
Opportunities to Volunteer
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for adult volunteers, with immediate volunteer openings in the following programs:
- Join our First Response team and offer immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, and options counseling to clients in the community
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
AWP’s Volunteer Program also has ongoing opportunities in the following areas of our organization:
- Offer individual counseling on our 24-hour Hotline or for residents in our Shelter, and co-facilitate community Support Groups
- Provide court accompaniment and support clients as they explore their legal options as part of AWP’s Legal Advocacy program
- Serve as a mentor in the RISE program and support our clients through financial literacy, career development, and professional empowerment
- Support our Development team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide Administrative Support at our main office
- Support Education and Outreach and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
Apply to Volunteer!
Interested in applying to volunteer? Click HERE to begin the application process by completing our online Adult Volunteer Application. After receiving and reviewing your application, AWP will contact you within 5-7 business days to discuss volunteer opportunities, training requirements, and background check procedures.