Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers Ages 18+
Opportunities to Volunteer
Volunteers actively support A Woman’s Place (AWP) in nearly every aspect of our organization, and help make our vision a reality across Bucks County. We feel truly fortunate to have volunteers who are so dedicated to our mission and so generous with their time and talents. And we are always looking for new volunteers to join us!
Programs that are most eager to have more volunteers join their team:
- In Full Swing Thrift Store: Join our team at In Full Swing and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- First Response: Offer immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, options counseling, and systems advocacy to clients in the community
- Counseling: Offer individual counseling on our 24-hour Hotline or for residents in our Shelter, and co-facilitate community Support Groups
- Legal Advocacy: Provide court accompaniment and support clients as they explore their legal options as part of AWP’s Legal Advocacy program
Other areas of the agency that volunteers can get involved with:
- RISE: Help facilitate our RISE program and support our clients through financial literacy, career development, and professional empowerment
- Development: Engage with donors and fellow community members through fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Wish List: Organize a Collection or Donation Drive (see our Wish List!) to benefit our clients
- Administration: Support office operations at our Administrative Office in Doylestown or our Outreach & Counseling Office in Bristol Borough
- Education and Outreach: Represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community awareness and education about domestic violence
Apply to Volunteer
Click HERE to apply to join AWP’s Adult Volunteer Program. Please know that all Adult Volunteers (ages 18+) are required to complete specific trainings and background checks in order to volunteer at AWP. Once we have received your completed Volunteer Application, we will connect with you within 5-7 business days to help you complete these trainings and background checks, and to support you as you join our Volunteer Program.