Community Education & Trainings
"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."
Domestic violence (DV) is a community issue – and with the community’s help, we can create the social change needed to make Bucks County a safer, violence-free community. To this end, AWP's Education & Outreach Team offers web-based and community-based programs that provide ongoing DV awareness and prevention education while engaging the community in efforts to end this issue. Each program covers an introduction to the Programs & Services of A Woman's Place (AWP), and is designed to inform and engage individuals in the mission of AWP and our ongoing work to create a flourishing community.
Programs can be tailored to your group's specific needs, but some of our most popular events include:
- Roundtable discussions & community conversations
- Continuing education for service providers, educators, and healthcare professionals
- Engaging allies in the faith community and places of worship
- Healthy relationships & prevention education for grades 4-12 and college / university students
- Workplace trainings, lunch & learns, and seminars
- Workshops for community & special interest groups
- And more...
To schedule a program for your group, team, or classroom, contact AWP's Volunteer Manager, Maddie Bavis (Email: Mbavis@awomanpslace.org; Phone: 215.343.9241 x108)