AWP is Hiring a Part-Time Mobile Children's Counseling Advocate
A Woman’s Place is a community-based social change organization committed to the empowerment of women and to ending intimate and domestic violence for all. We are seeking a Mobile Children's Counseling Advocate (Part Time) to provide counseling, advocacy, and support to child witnesses of domestic violence.
1. Ensure that the services of the Children’s Counseling Program support the Vision, Mission, and Values of A Woman’s Place.
2. Provide individual and group counseling for child witnesses of domestic violence.
3. Plan and implement structured program and activities for children/youth under 18 yrs.
4. Provide on-going support for parent/caregiver on parenting issues and non-violent discipline through individual counseling as requested or identified as a need.
5. Provide on-going support with parent/caregiver in identifying each child’s needs and developing a plan to address those needs.
6. Meet with families in safe, confidential spots throughout Bucks County.
7. Ensure that Community Children’s Support Groups are staffed on a consistent basis.
8. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of data in all data collection activities.
9. Provide leadership in emergency situations in accordance with AWP policies and accepted medical/safety standards.
10. Provide supervision, mentoring and direction to student interns and volunteers.
11. Adhere to all policies of A Woman’s Place.
12. Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and site/program meetings.
13. Other duties as assigned.
AWP is Hiring a Part-Time Resident Counseling Advocate
A Woman’s Place is a community-based social change organization committed to the empowerment of women and to ending intimate and domestic violence for all. We are seeking a Resident Counseling Advocate who can: provide shelter resident's immediate needs, help residents in achieving their immediate goals, respond to the crisis needs of hotline callers, and maintain a safe and secure shelter.
1. Provide services to victims of domestic violence that support the Values, Vision, and Mission statements of the organization.
2. Work with individuals to create change in their lives, which supports ending gender oppression and violence towards women.
3. Provide advocacy services to survivors of domestic violence that emphasizes improved safety and economic self-sufficiency.
4. Provide services that improve immediate safety and prevent reoccurrence of relationship violence, including safety planning, lethality risk assessment, and linkages to specialized legal and therapeutic services.
5. Provide residents with assistance in meeting identified goals and objectives in a centralized focus of victim safety, well-being and autonomy as identified by the client.
6. Provide services that improve economic self-sufficiency of survivors, including financial education, job searches, interview preparation, assistance with resume preparation and job applications, assistance accessing public benefits, and job placement programs.
7. Assist with facilitating house meetings as needed with a focus on issues identified by the residents, or Housing manager
8. Assist survivors with goal setting, planning, follow through, tracking progress, and celebrating success.
9. Coach clients to advocate on their own behalf with creditors and other financial institutions, employers, bill collectors, landlords, public and community-based programs.
10. Maintain a comprehensive directory of local resources that are relevant to improving client self-sufficiency.
11. Advocate for expedited referral processes to enroll survivors in job training and placement programs.
12. Conduct an intake assessment with each new resident identifying their goals, objectives, and needs as identified by the survivor.
13. Provide regular meetings with residents to work on identified areas of need.
To apply, e-mail Jennifer Storer, firstname.lastname@example.org, with resume and cover letter (see job description)
AWP is hiring a Full-Time First Response Advocate
1. Provide immediate crisis and safety counseling to victims of DV when contacted by police departments
2. Provide court accompaniment to domestic violence victims at criminal proceedings
3. Follow-up calls with victims, referrals, information and services AWP performs
4. Systems advocacy to police departments, District Attorney’s office, District Justices and other victim service agencies
5. First Response statistical information gathering and record keeping
6. Court accompaniment to contempt hearings
7. Develop and implement working guidelines with participating police departments
8. Liaison between police departments and legal systems with victims of domestic violence
9. Review permission slips with participating police departments and follow-up with victims
10. Flexible schedule to enable participation and attendance at conference and trainings provided by PCADV, PCCD, Dept. of Justice and STOP relevant to criminal proceedings, system advocacy, and new law
11. Assist victims of domestic violence in completing Victim Impact statements and Victim Compensation forms
12. On-going outreach to police departments
13. Adhere to the confidentiality policy and other policies of A Woman’s Place
14. Contribute to the positive work environment of the organization
15. Provide transportation to clients as needed.
To apply, e-mail Erika Flayer, Eflayer@awomansplace.org, with resume and cover letter (see job description)
AWP is Hiring a Development Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Philanthropy Operations Manager is responsible for administering AWP’s fundraising activities to help the organization achieve its mission by implementing procedures that ensure a high level of standards for annual appeals, stewardship, and fundraising events. In addition to being the primary database manager, the Philanthropy Operations Manager provides critical support for communications and events. The Philanthropy Operations Manager works closely with the Philanthropy Department and AWP’s leadership team to ensure a positive, mission-oriented tone to all revenue generating strategies.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to Mr. Jesse Steele, Director of Philanthropy, email@example.com