Teen Volunteer Program
Volunteers Grades 7-12
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for teen volunteers, including:
- Be a positive role model and offer babysitting for the children living in our Shelter
- Serve as a Camp Counselor at our Peace Works Summer Camp
- Join our Young Adult Advisory Board and help raise awareness about dating violence in Bucks County
- Support our Philanthropy team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide assistance in our Administrative Office
- Support The Prevention Project and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
- Join The Empowerment Project and sharpen your leadership skills and empower others by becoming a facilitator for one of our many Adult or Teen Empowerment Programs
At this time, the only area of AWP that is accepting new Adult / Teen Volunteer Applications is our thrift store, In Full Swing. If you are interested in applying to volunteer at In Full Swing, please click HERE (see below hyperlinks) to complete our online Adult / Teen Volunteer Application. Please know that ALL volunteers of A Woman’s Place are required to complete a series of trainings and background checks in order to volunteer on behalf of the organization. Applicants will receive all information and instructions on these training and clearance requirements within 5-7 business days of completion of Volunteer Application.
For any additional information or questions about volunteering at A Woman’s Place, contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.