Teen Volunteer Program
Volunteers Grades 7-12
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for teen volunteers, including:
- Be a positive role model and offer babysitting for the children living in our Shelter
- Serve as a Camp Counselor at our Peace Works Summer Camp
- Join our Young Adult Advisory Board and help raise awareness about dating violence in Bucks County
- Support our Philanthropy team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide assistance in our Administrative Office
- Support The Prevention Project and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
- Join The Empowerment Project and sharpen your leadership skills and empower others by becoming a facilitator for one of our many Adult or Teen Empowerment Programs
Teen Volunteer Application
Interested in applying to volunteer? Click HERE to begin the application process by completing our online Teen Volunteer Application. After receiving and reviewing your application, AWP will contact you within 5-7 business days to discuss your options.
Teen Volunteer Trainings
All volunteers are required to complete certain trainings to learn about AWP, the movement to end domestic violence, and the skills needed to serve as effective and empowering advocates for survivors everywhere. Registration is required for all Volunteer Trainings, and seats are limited! To sign up for a Volunteer Training, please contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.
Teen Volunteer Training (4 hours)
All Teen Volunteers are required to complete AWP’s 4-hour Teen Volunteer Training. The next available sessions of this training are as follows:
- Spring 2017
- Option 1: Tuesday, February 21st & Thursday, February 23rd, 4-6pm
- Option 2: Saturday, February 25th, 10am-2pm
To sign up for Teen Volunteer Training, please contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.