Teen Volunteer Program
Volunteers Grades 7-12
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for teen volunteers, including:
- Be a positive role model and offer babysitting for the children living in our Shelter
- Serve as a Camp Counselor at our Peace Works Summer Camp
- Join our Young Adult Advisory Board and help raise awareness about dating violence in Bucks County
- Support our Philanthropy team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide assistance in our Administrative Office
- Support The Prevention Project and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
- Join The Empowerment Project and sharpen your leadership skills and empower others by becoming a facilitator for one of our many Adult or Teen Empowerment Programs
At this time, AWP’s Teen Volunteer Program has placed a temporary “freeze” on any new Teen Volunteer Applications until Summer 2017. Please revisit this page in the coming months to check for updates, to complete our Teen Volunteer Application, and to register for our next available Volunteer Trainings.
For any additional information or questions about volunteering at A Woman’s Place, contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.