Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers Ages 18+
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for adult volunteers, including:
- Offer individual counseling on our 24-hour Hotline or for residents in our Shelter, and co-facilitate community Support Groups
- Provide court accompaniment and support clients as they explore their legal options as part of AWP’s Legal Advocacy program
- Join our First Response team and offer immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, and options counseling to clients in the community
- Serve as a mentor in the Women Taking Charge program and support our clients through financial literacy, career development, and professional empowerment
- Support our Philanthropy team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide Administrative Support at our main office
- Support The Prevention Project and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
- Join The Empowerment Project and sharpen your leadership skills and empower others by becoming a facilitator for one of our many Adult or Teen Empowerment Programs
At this time, the only area of AWP that is accepting new Adult / Teen Volunteer Applications is our thrift store, In Full Swing. If you are interested in applying to volunteer at In Full Swing, please click HERE (see below hyperlinks) to complete our online Adult / Teen Volunteer Application. Please know that ALL volunteers of A Woman’s Place are required to complete a series of trainings and background checks in order to volunteer on behalf of the organization. Applicants will receive all information and instructions on these training and clearance requirements within 5-7 business days of completion of Volunteer Application.
For any additional information or questions about volunteering at A Woman’s Place, contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.