Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers Ages 18+
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
A Woman’s Place (AWP) offers a wide variety of opportunities for adult volunteers, including:
- Offer individual counseling on our 24-hour Hotline or for residents in our Shelter, and co-facilitate community Support Groups
- Provide court accompaniment and support clients as they explore their legal options as part of AWP’s Legal Advocacy program
- Join our First Response team and offer immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, and options counseling to clients in the community
- Serve as a mentor in the RISE program and support our clients through financial literacy, career development, and professional empowerment
- Support our Philanthropy team and help with fundraising, special events, communications, etc.
- Join our team at In Full Swing Thrift Store and assist with sorting donations, creating store displays, providing customer service, and spreading the word about AWP
- Organize a Donation Drive (see our Wish List!).
- Blog for AWP and follow AWP on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Provide Administrative Support at our main office
- Support The Prevention Project and represent AWP at local tabling events (i.e. Wellness Fairs) and engage in community outreach and education
Adult Volunteer Application
Interested in applying to volunteer? Click HERE to begin the application process by completing our online Adult Volunteer Application. After receiving and reviewing your application, AWP will contact you within 5-7 business days to discuss your options and next steps.
Adult Volunteer Trainings
All volunteers are required to complete certain trainings to learn about AWP, the movement to end domestic violence, and the skills needed to serve as effective and empowering advocates for survivors everywhere. Registration is required for all Volunteer Trainings, and seats are limited! To sign up for a Volunteer Training, please contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.
Community Outreach, Response, & Education (C.O.R.E.) Training (6 hours)
ALL Adult Volunteers are required to complete AWP’s 6-hour Community Outreach, Response, & Education (C.O.R.E.) Training. This training is required for ALL Adult Volunteers, regardless of what area(s) of the organization an individual volunteers with. The next available sessions of this training are as follows:
- Option 1: Monday, February 26th and Wednesday, February 28th from 6-9pm
- Option 2: Tuesday, February 27th from 9am-3pm
- Option 3: Saturday, March 3rd from 9am-3pm
To sign up for C.O.R.E. Training, contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.
Direct Service Training (45 hours)
All Adult Volunteers who wish to work directly with our clients (i.e. answering our Hotline, helping in our Shelter, providing court accompaniment, offering counseling or crisis intervention services, serving as a mentor with RISE, etc.) are required to complete our extended 45-hour Direct Service Training in addition to our 6-hour C.O.R.E. Training in order to comply with statewide confidentiality laws. Direct Service Training includes online (8 hours) and in-person classroom components (32 hours), as well as a 5-hour onsite practicum. Interview with AWP Staff is required before an invitation to attend Direct Service Training can be offered. The next available sessions of this training are as follows:
o Mondays 3/19, 3/26, 4/9, 4/16 (6-9pm), Wednesdays 3/21, 3/28, 4/11 (6-9pm),and Saturdays 3/24, 4/14 (9am-3pm)
NOTE: Attendance at ALL classroom sessions listed is required for successful completion.
To schedule an interview for Direct Service Training, please contact Volunteer Manager, Lark Irwin, at 215.343.9241 x124 or via email at Lirwin@awomansplace.org.