Thank you for helping make
our first #GIVINGTUESDAY a success!
Save the date - December 2nd - for next year!
What is #GivingTuesdayBucks?
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 is the second annual celebration of #GivingTuesday. Be part of a national celebration of generosity, a day to give a gift that makes an impact. This is an opportunity to give donation to support the work of the causes you care about. It’s an easy way to be a part of something big, and include what you care about as a part of your holiday giving.
The project started nationally in 2012, and a group of volunteers worked to bring in to Bucks County in 2013.
Why participate in #GivingTuesdayBucks?
- A dedicated Day of Giving has tremendous power to positively impact the worthwhile organizations serving Bucks County, A Woman’s Place included.
- Your donation celebrates and encourages support for a cause that is making Bucks County a stronger and safer community.
- Grassroots support is the heart and soul of charitable giving.
- It’s an easy, impactful way to help your community members flourish.
- It’s an opportunity to inspire more donors to give more to an organization you believe in.
- When giving is made simple and social, more people can give.
- Every gift at every level matters.
- You’re a part of a national movement.
How can I help A Woman’s Place on #GivingTuesdayBucks?
- Click here to make a secure online donation.
- Send in a check, made out to A Woman’s Place, to PO Box 299, Doylestown, PA 18901.
- Call Director of Public Advocacy Jenny Salisbury at 215.343.9241 x108 to make your donation over the phone.
- Check if your employer matches charitable giving. Matching gifts are a quick and easy way to double your donation! Many employers run matching gift programs, so make sure to check with your supervisor or HR department.
- Start your own online fundraising campaign! It’s super easy and you can get your friends and family involved to help support AWP, an organization you believe it. Click here to get started. We’ve even compiled a toolkit to help you get the ball rolling, with sample emails, text for your fundraising site, social media posts, and ideas to help raise money! Click here to download AWP’s The Community Fundraiser’s Toolkit.
- Ask your employer to participate. A suggestion would be to hold a “Dress Down Day” on #GivingTuesday. Collect a few dollars from every employee who would like to dress down that day and donate the proceeds to AWP.
- Collect used cell phones and toner cartridges. AWP recycles cell phone and toner cartridges and turns it into funding for the many programs and services it offers to the Bucks County Community. You can drop them off to AWP’s administrative office (Almshouse Rd. & Rt. 611 South in Doylestown) or ship them into the recycling company yourself. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for more info.
- Give and Get on Giving Tuesday. Bring a gift card to donate to A Woman's Place on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 and receive a 25% off coupon to be redeemed in the store during the month of January. Gift cards to Target, K-Mart, Walmart, as well as gas cards and grocery store cards are most helpful to those we serve.