This posting is for a part-time position, approximately 14 hours per week
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
1) Maintain fiscal records, activities, and reports.
2) Analyze data from In Full Swing and service statistics in order to inform funders, development dept., managers as to trends, management issues, etc.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Director of Financial Operations. Works closely with Development Department, Operations Manager and Executive Director.
OTHER RELATONSHIPS: Finance Committee members and auditor.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILTY: Data entry and financial tracking.
1. Post cash receipts to proper revenue account
2. File all deposits / cash receipts
3. Post receivables from grant billings
4. Post credit card and debit card activity
5. Post grant billing payments against receivables
6. Post journal entries prepared by the Director of Financial Operations
7. Complete monthly entry for In Full Swing thrift store
8. Pay sales tax for In Full Swing thrift store
9. Assist with yearly audits by providing detailed financial records and analysis
1. Assist with accepting donations, answering phones, back-up in front office.
2. Attend regularly scheduled staff and site / program meetings.
3. Adhere to the confidentiality policy and other policies of A Woman’s Place.
4. Contribute to the positive work environment of the organization.
5. Perform other functions as assigned.
EDUCATION: 3 years of related work or life experience, and/or bachelor’s degree.
1. Demonstrates initiative
2. Detail oriented
4. Ability to analyze and categorize raw data.
5. Ability to work with diverse populations.
6. Understanding of domestic violence and related issues.
7. Ability to function in a team environment.
8. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
9. Ability to work in a crisis setting
10. After hire: Must complete 45 hour Domestic Violence Training
To apply, please e-mail Jeanette Hall, Director of Financial Operations, JHall@awomansplace.org . Resume and cover letter are required. No phone calls please.
First Response Criminal Advocate (P/T)
This posting is for a part-time position, approximately 21 hours per week
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide legal options counseling, safety planning, resources and support in order to respond to the physical and emotional safety needs of domestic violence victims.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to First Response Manager
- Provide safety planning and court accompaniment in criminal procedures with a focus in Spanish speaking clients.
- Inform service recipients of available legal options and services provided by A Woman’s Place.
- Provide legal advocacy assistance in the preparation of Criminal Court proceedings, filing of Protection from Abuse forms, Contempt Petitions, and other documents through confidential personal discussions, and clarification of incidents of abuse.
- Assist Spanish speaking domestic violence victims with immigration issues and identified legal resources.
- Collect and record First Response statistical information.
- Advise victims of their rights and assist victims of domestic violence in completing and submitting Victim Compensation forms.
- Liaison between police department and legal systems with victims of domestic violence.
- Compile daily records required for grant purposes and develop monthly statistics concerning all legal activities for the month.
- Provide follow-up support services in order to assist victims with stabilizing their lives going forward.
- Adhere to the confidentiality policy and other policies of A Woman’s Place.
- Contribute to the positive environment of the agency.
- Provide transportation when necessary.
- Bilingual: Spanish speaking
- Commitment to AWP’s Values, Vision, and Mission statements; self-motivation; self-discipline; and excellence.
- Adherence to the Personnel Policies of AWP.
- Successful completion of Domestic Violence Direct Service Training Course and continuing education requirements as outlined in AWP’s Personnel Policies.
- Ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
- Honesty and trustworthiness in all relationships.
- Emotionally resilient and able to withstand pressure on an on-going basis.
- Reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field and/or
- Two years’ work experience
To apply, e-mail First Response Manager Erika Flayer, EFlayer@awomansplace.org . Resume and cover letter are required. No phone calls please.